BEACHED TALE

Don't they do quality checks at the companies that put out TV programs on DVD? I don't mean the quality of the sound and picture, but the information supplied on those DVDs.

I just finished watching an episode of 'Foyle's War' on DVD - "Bleak Midwinter". And after it was over, I wanted to learn more about the actress who played Hilda Greenwood in the episode. Having never seen 'Fresh Fields' or any of her other credits, I had no idea who Ann Beach is.

And if I depended on the cast biographies section for the DVD, I still wouldn't.

First off, there is no listing for her among the options, only for Liz Fraser.

But the picture they used for Ms. Fraser is that of Ann Beach: I cross-checked, not just depending on the IMDb, but also a very good website for 'Foyle's War'. Both sources definitely state that Ann Beach played Hilda whereas Ms. Fraser was Mollie Summersgill.

However I don't find any other current pictures of Ann Beach, but I'd hazard a guess that this picture from her rep's site is definitely the same woman.....

This isn't the first time the problem has surfaced. I wish I made note of the last example.

For shame, Acorn Media. For shame.....

BCnU!


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity