Trailer: 'Luther' (BBC1)


The BBC have released a short promotion for Luther, which returns for its second series in the near-future. It's a rather tedious and obvious piece of marketing, showing Idris Elba demolishing his office in snapshots played backwards. The BBC seem to love promo's that involve reverse-photography and slow-motion, don't they? Sadly, there's no actual footage from the new series, which will also see the return of Ruth Wilson as serial-killer confidant Alice Morgan, so this is just an alert that Luther will soon be back for two 2-hour episodes.


Opinion here was very mixed about the first series. It took me a few episodes to buy into the show's curious tone and direction, but once I did I found it great fun and, for a few episodes, very exciting. I wasn't a lone voice, but many people disagreed with me. Luther felt like it was better received in the US, where it aired on BBC America -- perhaps because of exoticism? I tend to think quite a few British shows "click" with American critics because their DNA is so different to that of US shows, in ways the UK audience don't care about or notice.


My Ping in TotalPing.com

  © Sexy Nude Celebrity